Sunday, January 20, 2008

ice and eagles, support and strength

I woke up to sunshine and cold: zero -- a nice brisk temperature. Most people wouldn't consider this good hiking weather but I couldn't wait to get out in the fresh, crisp air. I spent some time at Celery Bog and blissfully had it all to myself. Ice crystals were everywhere, including over most of the water in the marsh.


The highlight of the morning, however, was seeing four bald eagles gliding in slow circles above the Wabash, making their way downstream.

~~~~~~

One kind word can warm three winter months. ~Japanese Proverb

Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home. ~Edith Sitwell


In the depth of winter, I finally learned
that within me there lay an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus



From serenity comes gentleness, comes lasting strength. ~Pam Brown

I don't mean to be redundant, but I've continued to be so touched and moved by so many. I'm grateful for friendship, support, love, understanding, compassion -- kind words, the touch of a friendly hand; for finding that invincible summer again, and rediscovering serenity and lasting strength.




1 comment:

  1. my friend Cheryl pointed me to your blog. I guess she doesn't leave you comments. I feel like I've walked into very personal territory. I hope you are doing well and that your heart is healing. Your photography is exquisite. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete