Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

I don't have any new photos to post, but I had such a great day, I just wanted to share... really didn't expect much but maybe that's when you get the most.

First there were the phone calls and e-cards that really started the day off right (thank you, everyone!). Then, my niece took me to lunch. She's a college freshman so I appreciate her limited budget (when was the last time your niece/nephew/son/daughter/etc. took you out for your birthday? It was such a generous and thoughtful thing for her to do). We share February birthdays but have never celebrated together, so being together, just "girl time," was really special!

Next was hiking with a friend, and granted, the conditions weren't perfect (melting snow, slippery slidy stuff) but I had a blast (landed on my rear going down a steep slope, got soaking wet and covered with mud! I couldn't help laughing!). It was a gorgeous day, sunny and breezy, and I loved seeing bald eagles, hearing cardinal spring song, and feeling warm breezes off the river.

The day ended with dinner in a quiet corner, just a good friend and I (Super Bowl Sunday doesn't hit everywhere!), a homemade cake, great jazz, and some deep conversation and even deeper laughter!

It's the best birthday I've had in a few years.

Counting my blessings, and blessing the years!!


No comments:

Post a Comment