Sunday, July 27, 2008

July Woodland Wildflowers, Celery Bog

Unidentified, and very tiny, wildflower


This wren chattered at me and would not leave the path -- perhaps it was trying to get me away from it's nest and/or young -- at any rate, I snapped a quick picture and obeyed his/her desire to be left alone.


Agrimony (Agrimonia sp.)


Tall Bellflower (Campanula americana)
This was new to me this year -- tall spikes of blue flowers scattered through the damper woodlands of Celery Bog -- really a delight.


Solomon's Seal, fruit (Polygonatum canaliculatum)


Touch-me-not, Jewelweed, or Wild Impatiens (Impatiens sp.)
Sap from this plant is good against poison ivy.
It's called touch-me-not because the seed pods explode rather forcefully from even the slightest touch when fully ripe. Great but harmless way to startle unsuspecting friends!


Spiderwort (Tradescantia sp.)

No comments:

Post a Comment